the bloggiest blogger blogging a blog

not so much anymore

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Time Flies

I sit around and wonder how the time passes by. I hear the tick of the clock and the air blowing past me. How can the time just continue. what is a moment? how can we use it? capture it? every thought that passes in my head is a second gone. but how do i know when these moments have been wasted? how do i know when life is passing me by? or if it isn't? these moment seem insignificant. there are millions. unlimited to eternity. but how many do we have? what could i have accomplished in that moment? that moment i just used to close my eyes?
Another 5 minutes of sleep. 60 seconds per minute. 300 seconds. if i were to count to 300 , it would seem like the worst "waste of time" there could be. but what if im not counting? i am just living. Not accomplishing anything with those precious seconds. I could get up and daven 5 minutes earlier. I could say a hundred brachos in those 5 minutes. or something just as simple as saying a nice "good morning" to my mother. So why am i wasting them? To close my eyes and be lazy. "tired". what could i be doing to make those moments more significant. How can i be a better person? daughter? friend? I just want to lie in bed for 5 extra minutes. Extra? why are they extra? and when these moments are gone, there is no way on earth to recover them. how is that?
Why was i given seconds, precious seconds, just so they could slip out of my reach. those seconds were wasted. I did not use them with my potential. Those moments were not significant in and of themselves, truely. They were significant only because i could have used them in a significant way. They are not precious until they are lost, until i realize i will never have them again.
time truely does fly.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home